Monday, October 4, 2010

In response to the news article "China's Spat with Japan" I would like to provide the following perspective.


My thoughts on the issue are:

The measures that China went to to get this Chinese fishing boat and its crew back, were way out of line. They basiclly took away a ton of modern conveniences from Japan as a 'motive' to give him back to them. Also, the fact that they cut diplomatic communications was very unnecessary. I think the pressure that they were giving Japan was entirely unnecessary.

And so, the reason that I think China has been far too hard on Japan and deserves a little payback, is that they deprived Japan of most modern conveniences, they cut of diplomatic communications, and on top of all that, they say they didn't have anything to do with any of the punishment that Japan received which I come to believe is a big fat lie.

4 comments:

  1. Still, Japan didn't have to kill that panda, that's definitely not cool. Sure, they SAY that it was an accident due to anethesia overdose, but I call shenanigans >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, China and Japan going at it again, eh? I wonder if China had other motives for going to such an extreme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has something to do with the pandas. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My money is on China knowing something we don't about it's energy stockpiles. A lot of the dispute seems to center around gas fields in the ocean that China claims belong solely to it. They could just be greedy, or maybe they are desperate. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete